Meals can be added singularly, to a selection of, or against all children. Each meal can detail the meal name, a description of the meal, the time it was eatten, and even how much of the meal the child ate!
You can view meals which have been added so far to child/ren in Dayshare by selecting the room/s you wish to view, and even filter further by all or a particular meal.
Creating a new meal
You first need to create a template. This is done within the More icon, and then Settings.
Within here you can create your meal template/s to use when adding meals to children.
1. Enter a meal template name e.g. Scrambled egg on toast.
2. Enter the meal template description e.g. Fresh bread, toasted and topped with creamy scambled egg. This will all be shown on the email!
3. Click the plus icon to save the template.
Editing a meal template
To edit a meal template, this can be completed by clicking on the More icon, then Settings.
1. Select the edit pencil next to the template you wish to edit.
2. The details will appear in the activity template title and description to be amended.
3. Click save.
Click the cross icon under the save to cancel this action.
Deleting and reactivating a meal template
To delete or reactivate a meal template, this can be completed by clicking on the More icon, then Settings.
To delete a meal, simply select the trash can next to the meal you wish to delete. This will move the meal template into the Deleted Meals section.
To reactivate a deleted meal, select "Deleted Meals" to see all previously deleted, and select the reactivate icon next to the meal you wish to have available for selection once more.
Assigning meals to children
When you first go into the meals screen, you will be guided to click the lus icon next to the showing meal drop box. This is how you first choose the meal you wish to assign!
1. Select a meal template from the Template drop field. The name and description will appear.
2. You can amend the name and/or description at this point if you wish.
3. You can choose a default amount ate at this point, but can be changed for each child later!
4. Update the start and end time and click save.
Now this is ready to be assigned to child/ren.
With the meal displayed, click on the plus icon against each child you wish to add to the meal from the "Children Not Included" list. Click the plus icon to add the meal to the child. Click the plus icon in the header to assign the meal to all children.
You can change any start or end time for each child's meal by simply clicking on it, and even add a little note. Once each child has finished eatting, you can select how much of the meal they ate - all helpful and informative news for their parents!
Editing and deleting meals against children
To edit a meal, simply select the time to amend, or overwrite or complete comments.
To delete a meal from a child, select the trash can next to the child and meal you wish to delete. You can do this individually for each child, or for all children meal by selecting the trash can in the meal header.